The PCV tube enables a quick and reproducible measuring technique of the cell volume. This method is ideal for the monitoring of the tissue growth (cell mass). After a short centrifugation in a micro centrifuge, the cell volume shows as a pellet in the PCV capillary. With the "easy read" measuring device, developed by TPP, the volume can be read.
- Reading device with magnifying glass and cross line
- Optimal usage in combination with the PCV tube
- Reproducible cell pellet measuring possible
- Reusable product, no further investments necessary
- Measuring range 0 - 5µl
- Mix the cell suspension thoroughly in the TubeSpin® Bioreactor
- Take a sample of exactly 1000 µl
- Transfer sample into a PCV tube
- Spin sample: 1 minute at 2500 g in a micro centrifuge
- Read volume of the pellet (cell mass) in the PCV tube with "easy read“ measuring device
High density of cells
- With a very high density of the cells, the samples must not be diluted. You might simply reduce the sample volume. Samples from the same series should be treated accordingly.
- For bacteria measurement the parameters have to be adjusted, for example higher g-force, smaller volume, etc.
- Micro centrifuges with swing-out rotors are preferable.